Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Changing of The Guard

Changing of The Guard

Changing of The Guard

Well, it's been quite awhile since I've cheated in a game. However, I still miss it at times. It's been very interesting these last couple of years watching the cat and mouse game that is hack development. However I feel as though this is not comparable to say; the Deunvo DRM battles pirates go through in which they are ahead of the game thus far. It's really starting to seem that we cheaters are on somewhat of the loosing side of the spectrum., with more and more advanced anti-cheat coming around (VAC's learning algorithm is interesting.) it seems like the borders of that cat and mouse game are slowly creeping in, creating a smaller arena for easier shots on behalf of the anti-cheat. In addition, now-a-days almost nothing runs on the client side of things; almost everything is server side variables which gets rid of a lot of the "fun" hacks (Think Arma 2 before BattlEye went nuts.).

It's going to be interesting to watch play out over the next few years, I can't help but think the days of cheating are coming to end in the future. However, when you build a better lock someone is going to sharpen a new key.

What are ya'lls thoughts on this?

Private
    Where there is a will there is a way. There is no way to completely stop cheating and we will continue to push forward with new methods no matter what the anti-cheat developers do. If you build it then we will hack it more than likely.

Changing of The Guard
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoni View Post
    Where there is a will there is a way. There is no way to completely stop cheating and we will continue to push forward with new methods no matter what the anti-cheat developers do. If you build it then we will hack it more than likely.
    I for the most part agree. The only real way I could see people putting a damper on the cheating community is if they took a large scale BattleEye stance on things, with real human beings making judgement calls 24/7 which is largely an unrealistic goal. If we go a decade into the future where we have some more robust AI perhaps then we will see some real table turning going on. From an IT standpoint, it's astounding to watch and I give credit to both sides of the aisle. At work, I always tell people there is no such thing as a perfect Anti-Virus. This being because they rely on virus definitions that are almost always identified by human operators. Said virus definitions can not keep up with the large variety of Mal/Ad/Ransomware coming onto the scene, I like to kind of use that as a simile for game hacking. Unless Anti-Cheat companies can really pick up their pace from this point on, it's going to be a stalemate for awhile longer.